Sunday, April 08, 2007

Bad little blogger II

Homework and blogging are like oil and water in my life. They don't mix. Which is too bad, since I enjoy updating my blog way more than I like ploughing away on assignments. It's a shame the latter are a necessary evil of getting a degree.

It doesn't help that after a trip to Cancun for Christmas, I returned with life growing inside of me. That's right, I have parasites. I blame the monkey that stuck its filthy little paw in my mouth. And it took nearly three months of mind-numbing illness to figure out the general cause of my malaise, as well. Not only am I on a hyper strict sugar control diet, but I've had to eliminate dairy from my diet to starve the little buggers.

I'm also taking a whole lot of supplements to combat these parasites and some resulting symptoms: cayenne pepper for my circulation; garlic, black cohash, black walnut, and Amla-Plex for the parasites; and something called Adapt to help put my adrenal gland back on track, since it's suffering the effects of a prolonged fight-or-flight response. Which makes me sleepy all of the time, which makes it even harder to stir up some justifiable motivation with which to update my blog.

My school work took a major hit last semester, and I got extensions for the final assignment in all of my classes. I hate doing that, because now this semester has started and I have to stay on top of my new set of classes at the same time I finish up my work from last semester, all the while making sure the stress doesn't make me sicker.

At least this is the final semester, and there's only nine weeks left of it. Then we have a three-week capstone in July, and I'll finally have my BA! Hopefully by then I'll be able to crack open the wine to celebrate in style.

I don't dare stray from my dietary restrictions until I'm healthy; I made the mistake of succumbing to temptation on Friday and ate one Hershey's Kiss, one foil-covered chocolate easter egg, and a square of Purdy's dark chocolate. I woke up on Saturday morning with the puffiest eyes imaginable and even less energy, if that's possible. Gross.

So it will probably be awhile before I update this properly again. Four more months or so, at any rate. In the meantime, I may or may not add the odd note or two to Facebook, the new time-wasting social networking tool for students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home